On Thursday I spent an hour live on air with Mike Rosen (AM 850 KOA) discussing open union negotiations and related issues in Jeffco Public Schools.
More from the Independence Institute’s Ed Is Watching Blog
- Colo. Digital Learning Policy Alternate Route Gives Some Spring Break Hope
- Opponents’ Best Shot? Maybe Thompson Should Look at Innovating Educator Pay
- Watching Student Data Privacy Issue Means Not Watching Student Data
Finished One Good(read) Book This Week
- Vanished: The Sixty-Year Search for the Missing Men of World War II by Wil S. Hylton: The author quickly grips and engages the reader with the little-known mystery of a B-24 crew that was shot down in a 1944 bombing raid over Palau. Hylton weaves together the tales of the lost crew’s families and their unanswered questions together with the scientists whose lives become intertwined with the World War II American servicemen who gave the ultimate sacrifice flying over the remote Pacific island nation. A quick, engaging read worth 4 out of 5 stars.
Top Facebook Links of the Week
- Health Care Exchange Operator More Honest than Obama Administration Q: They’re Going to Penalize Me for Keeping My Doctor? A: Yes (Complete Colorado)
- I’ll be 47 When the Contract (and Presumably Career) of MLB’s Premier Hitter Ends: Miguel Cabrera Will Be a Detroit Tiger for the Rest of His Career (Bless You Boys)
- Vicious Critics Lack Self-Awareness, Sense of Irony: Colorado Hunter in Cross Hairs after Online Bullying by Anti-Hunting Activists (CBS 4 Denver)
- “Sesquipedalian Connoisseurs of the Terrestrial Globe, Amalgamate!”: Do You Like Sesquipedalian Words, or Do You Find Them Annoying? (Wall Street Journal)