Posted on April 8th, 2005 in General, My Life, Random and Miscellaneous | Written by Ben | 9 Comments »
It’s a Friday, and I couldn’t resist highlighting this Washington Tims story from yesterday on a new Harris survey that gives some not-so-shocking insights into what women want in their men. Some of the findings (with my comments in italics):
• 75 percent of women said their ideal man buys his grooming products at a grocery store or drugstore, not a salon.
A salon… what’s that?
• 72 percent of women said their ideal man spends his free time doing home-improvement projects.
My wife prefers that I try to fix things when possible but realistically just hopes that I don’t break anything in the process.
• 41 percent of women said their ideal man spends his time watching sports.
Yes, but only once in awhile…
• 47 percent of women said their ideal man spends his money on electronics, compared with 9 percent who answered “designer clothes.”
Quite often I’m not sure I even have discretionary money to spend. But it would be electronics and books. Clothes rarely, if ever, make the top ten.
• 90 percent of women said they prefer low-maintenance, easygoing guys.
I wish I’d known that when I was dating. Nine out of 10 women would have liked me? I had no idea. Doesn’t matter now, anyway, since I found one who is very compatible with my “low-maintenance, easygoing” ways.
Most fortunately, I am happily married to a very understanding woman, who appreciates my “manly” qualities while tolerating – and occasionally even appreciating – my quirks and eccentricities, as well.
But I would have been curious to see the polling result about where blogging fits into the realm of what women want in men. It probably doesn’t show up on the cultural radar screen yet. I can only imagine….
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.