Operation Renewed Hope, which is doing terrific work in organizing relief efforts to the victims of Hurricane Katrina – sharing the love of Christ through very real personal ministry – is looking for help from churches and Christian individuals. Read on…
First, they have provided the following information on care packages, known as “Hope Boxes”:
Please do not ship to Southland Camp before contacting us, so we can prepare for your shipment. An email is sufficient communication, so we can know to expect the boxes. The camp is in the process of preparing to receive all shipments. However, we also may direct your shipment straight to a distribution point church.
1. Please, seal the boxes and the collection point churches will have a special gospel packet which they will place on the outside of the box that you deliver to them. We thought this would be better than mailing packets all over the nation to assure the message of Christ is given.
2. If you are not close enough to deliver your boxes to a collection point, or your church wants to mail the boxes directly to Southland Camp, please contact us; and we will send you the gospel material plus a printed label for the outside of the boxes.
3. The gospel packets include a specially written gospel message just for this kind of circumstance. It was prepared by Kids-for-Truth for the horrible 9-11 attack and was distributed in New York City. We have redone the cover page so we can use it again. The pack also contains a response card which will lead us to those whom we must reach with a special gospel presentation. The churches in the area will be able to use this for future ministry.
4. We will be emailing a list of collection points to you. Please start making up the boxes.
Get New Cardboard (www.uline.com) Boxes if possible. (Highly Recommended)
Size: 24 X 16 X 16 or 24 X 18 X18
If the boxes are bigger they become too heavy. If the boxes are uniform they stack better.
Plastic eating utensils
You may also use your own discretion concerning the contents. However, we are trying to make sure that we keep the content of the boxes as uniform as possible. If you have an idea to improve the contents, send it to us. May God bless all who help with the “Hope Boxes”.
You will be informed of regional collection points for the “Hope Boxes”.
If you are going to do this, please email us immediately so we can begin to prepare for reception. Include how many boxes are coming from your church. Give us a contact with all contact information. Please send this to email@example.com.
Operation Renewed Hope
Do you know any churches that would support the mission of Operation Renewed Hope and want to get involved directly in the relief efforts by sending teams of members to take part directly in the ministry? Might you prayerfully consider whether this is something that you could participate in yourself? Here are some instructions:
Some churches will want to go to the New Orleans area on their own. God bless you! We will pray for you and assist you if possible. Many churches have sister churches that they are deeply concerned about. Please contact us, and we will be glad to direct our resources toward your efforts if possible.
If you want to send a work crew and want our help to pinpoint a ministry that needs your help, we would be honored to help you and your church.
Please, send an email with the following information.
Name of Church
Name of Leader
All Contact Information for Leader
Number of People in Group (List skill levels)
Status of group (ready to go, or need time to make up group)
Best dates for you (at least 2 dates)
We will send your contact the following information:
a. Workers Application
b. Medical Release
c. Release of Liability
d. Safety Instructions
e. Housing Information
f. Point of Contact in Disaster Area
g. Date of Trip
If you are an individual with time to work, please send us all of your contact information, and we will include you on a team being formed. You will receive the information listed above.
Please, be aware of the following.
1. All expenses to and from the work site will be paid by the individuals coming.
2. Operation Renewed Hope will provide lodging, food, and transportation while working.
3. All who come must complete and submit a medical release, release of liability, workers application and safety recognition form. You may bring these with you when you come. Please follow the instructions very carefully on the forms.
4. In a disaster area, it is recommended that you have at least Tetanus, Hep B and Hep A shots. If you choose to go there without these that will be your decision.
5. All of this applies to individuals as well as groups.
If you are going to work or sending a team, please email us immediately so we can begin to prepare for reception. Please, send this to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call at (910) 987-5072 or (816) 795-8700.
Operation Renewed Hope
May God bless you!