Last weekend the temperature topped out in the 80s. The warm weather has helped to encourage the irises in our front yard that the time has come to bloom. Yet today we’re looking down the barrel of a major snowstorm for a Mother’s Day forecast. Welcome to springtime in Colorado!
This week I was quoted in a Colorado Observer story about national teachers union leadership aligning with the “ultra-Left Democracy Alliance”:
“This revelation further validates the Douglas County school board’s insistence that the district and its taxpayers get out of the business of collecting funds for a national political agenda,” DeGrow said. “The AFT has aligned itself with a highly partisan clique that’s out of step with the values of many Dougco teachers and other residents.”
From the Ed Is Watching blog
- Happy Teacher Appreciation Day! Let’s All Cheer for Performance Pay!
- Student-Based Budgeting: Part of Colorado K-12 Future that Can Work
- Newly Reported Test Scores Bring (Mostly) Disappointing News
- North Carolina to Follow Colorado’s K-12 Open Enrollment Policy Standard?
Top Facebook Links of the Week
- A Local Education Reform Vision: Carlson: Thompson School Board is Moving Forward for Students (Loveland Reporter-Herald)
- Leftist McCarthyism Steamrolls the Culture: The New Fascism Rolls On (National Review)
- Autonomy — Use It or Lose It?: Loving Charter Schools to Death (American Enterprise Institute)
- Happy to Be Unplugged: Cable Forces More Channels Down Unwilling Viewers’ Throats (Washington Post)
- Great Investigative Work Continues Sandoval: EPA Boss’ Emails Show a Coordinated Federal, State Effort to Skirt Transparency (Greeley Tribune)
Twitter Verse of the Week: “My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.” Psalm 121:2 (ESV)