It was the biggest week of the year for birthdays here. Nearly a full week ago, the youngest member of the clan blew out the “3” candle. And yesterday the lovely Mrs. Virtus celebrated a birthday that begins with the number “3” and ends with another. In between my league softball team not only won a game but actually did so in convincing fashion, while last night brought the rare Friday the 13th plus full moon combination. All that, and today is both Flag Day and the 239th anniversary of the U.S. Army. Soon, the season will officially change to fit what we already start to feel: Summertime is here!
From the Ed Is Watching blog
- Denver Builds on Low-Income Charter Success Stories: Will Jeffco Follow Suit?
- High Fives All Around: Colorado Union’s Pro-Tenure Lawsuit Shot Down
- Vergara Big Win for California Kids, But Should We Worry about Courts’ Role?
Top Facebook Links of the Week
- I made waves on social media this week by highlighting the outrageous and misleading tactics of a local Republican primary candidate and her surrogates. Pictures here, here, and here. “Sad and Shameful.”
- Just Keep Government from Attempting a ‘Fix’: With the Americas Running Out of IPv4, It’s Official: The Internet is Full (Ars Technica)
- Sometimes You Have to Make It Not to Waste It: Gorman: Manufacturing a Retirement Funding Crisis (Greeley Tribune)
- At Least We Have Candor and Clarity: Martin Files Expose: ‘what we want is expensive gas and a ban on coal fired power’ (Complete Colorado)
- You Saw It Here First (Now Create Your Own): Move over, “Hard Choices.” Here’s the title of my forthcoming political memoir: “Solemn Courage” (Time Magazine>