Posted on April 28th, 2008 in Colorado Politics, Fiscal Policy, General, Labor | Written by Ben | No Comments »
Live in Colorado and getting ready for your federal rebate stimulus check to arrive? Don’t get too excited yet.
Republican leaders in the state legislature have taken a Letterman-esque stab at letting you know what the Democrat majority has already done with your money:
10. Higher auto premiums
9. Higher energy premiums
8. $25 marriage tax
7. Higher fees on everything from birth certificates to tire recycling
6. College tuition hikes for everyone!
5. Up to a $100 dollar car tax
4. Gov. Bill Ritter to an aide: â€œRecession? Hey, letâ€™s go out and hire another 1,300 state employees!â€
3. â€œâ€¦and letâ€™s make sure they all have collective-bargaining rights, too!â€
2. Gov. Bill Ritterâ€™s legal bill for defending his unconstitutional property-tax hike
1. Gov. Bill Ritterâ€™s unconstitutional property-tax hike
Raising taxes and fees … It’s the modus operandi for Democrats in Colorado and elsewhere.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.