One of the closer races in Colorado figures to be the contest for state treasurer. If for some reason you are reading this blog and haven’t voted yet, here are five reasons to support Mark Hillman, the only candidate for State Treasurer who has (as circulated by email):
1. Balanced a state budget. In the State Senate, Mark has done that seven times. He knows that the value of government must be balanced against the cost of government to Colorado families and businesses. (His opponent has never been elected by the people.)
2. Business experience. Mark owns and operates his family’s farm near Burlington, where he has grown wheat for the past 13 years. He knows firsthand about hard work, long hours and sound financial planning. (His opponent has never owned, operated or even worked for a business.)
3. Proven leadership experience. Mark was elected Majority Leader and later Minority Leader of the Colorado Senate because he earned the respect of both political parties.
4. A record that taxpayers can trust and families can count on. Mark knows that real wisdom and common sense come from real people – not from lobbyists and bureaucrats. For putting taxpayers first, he’s been named the Taxpayer Champion and honored by Colorado Farm Bureau, Colorado Association of Commerce and Industry, and countless others.
5. Earned the endorsements of the Rocky Mountain News, Pueblo Chieftain, Greeley Tribune, Grand Junction Sentinel, Longmont Times Call, Loveland Reporter Herald, Canon City Record, Salida Mountain Mail and Boulder Weekly – as well as the Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce, Colorado Association of Realtors, Colorado Association of Homebuilders and Colorado Civil Justice League.